[ltp] Re: some questions about linux and thinkpad

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:52:28 -0800

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:59:43 -0600, Gabriel M. Beddingfield
<gabriel@teuton.org> wrote:

> 2200:  an 802.11g card.  The open-source driver from Intel is also under
> active development, but is more in the "alpha" or "beta" stage at this
> point.  (ipw2200.sourceforge.net)

I have been using drivers for ipw2200 from
http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net for a few months now and they are much
improved now - I would say release candidate level of quality. They
support WEP, WAP, 802.11b, 802.11g and power management as well. I
don't need to unload and load the drivers for suspend/resume
functionality anymore and the drivers work reasonably well. And the
driver is open source.

--
Osho