[ltp] Problems with automount

Joachim Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:12:35 +0100

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 02.11.2004, 16:22 +0100 schrieb lwiechec2@o2.pl:
> Is anyone using autofs? For me '--timeout=<tout>' option in /etc/auto.master
> does not work (ie. I wait, wait and wait and the device is not unmounted).

Known problem in debian, see the bug reports. As a work around, you can
always unmount all unmountable devices by
killall -USR1 autofs (or whatever the daemon is called).
Using sudo, you can do that as a user, so you can put an icon on your
panel (if you have one).

Or you might try supermounter, but that's a kernel patch and it does not
apply cleanly to newer kernels, so I didn't pursue that - YMMV.

Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  mail: mail@joachim-breitner.de | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Key: 4743206C