[ltp] Problems with automount

Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:47:39 +0200

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 04:22:51PM +0100, lwiechec2@o2.pl wrote:
> Is anyone using autofs? For me '--timeout=3D<tout>' option in /etc/auto.m=
aster
> does not work (ie. I wait, wait and wait and the device is not unmounted).

Most likely some application keeps the file system busy.  You can use

  fuser -vm /var/autofs/misc/whatever

to see what those are.

If you use a graphical desktop like GNOME, then I bet it's FAM (File
Alternation Monitor) that is the culprit.  Just do

  sudo /etc/init.d/fam restart

and the file system should no longer be busy.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE... Command Line User Environment".
(seen in a posting in comp.software.testing)

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb--