[ltp] Ibm keyboard light Question

Patrick Huber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:31:54 +0100

It seems to be an LED (at least on my T41p) and they don't usually fail like
normal bulbs. Doing a really quick search on Google for LED and MBTF I found
values around 75'000 to 100'000 hours before they fail. So It probably won't
fail while you use your Thinkpad (100k hrs = 11 years).

If it does fail, you probably have to send your Thinkpad to IBM because it
look's like its an SMD component.