[ltp] Replacing the bios bootsplash?

Cougar linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:32:19 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 03.11.2004, 16:35 +0200 schrieb Cougar:
> >  bit is incorrect, you need a 16 _color_ image i.e. 4 bit.
> >
> > Yes I found it from readme.txt. Also I found that you have to edit
> > lcreflsh.bat file so that flash2.exe has also "/l:logo.mod" flag included .
> That's only true for large scale setups. For a normal user, the flashing
> program (the one with the many are-you-sure questions) should detect the
> logo.mod file (you did compress the BMP, did you?)

It looks also for me that normally lcreflsh.bat modification is not
necessary but I tried for any case. I created logo.mod without any
problem. Tried later to create it in Windows and got exaxtly the same
file. But flashing utility doesn't show anything about replacing logo.

Btw, can it be the problem that I don't have logo.bmp itself in the boot
media? 640x480 bitmap is too big to fit into boot floppy.

> > Tried also this but with no success. I can update bios to 3.12 but logo
> > remains the original. Joachim, which version of BIOS you wer using?
> 1ruj26ud.exe is what I installed.

Thats strange. I have the same file here..

Any other hints? Can you post me your floppy image?

---
Cougar