[ltp] X40 - Hibernation and more...

Mikkel Haack Nielsen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:17:22 +0100

I've been reading this list for a while now, hoping to improve my
knowledge on the ACPI/APM for the IBM laptops. However, the more I read,
the more confused I get, as there seems to be many ways to go...

I dont care whether I use APM or ACPI as long as it works. Basically
what I want is the following:

Need-to-have:
- Hibernate to disk
- Dock/undock
- Use external monitor

Would-be-nice-to-have:
- Hibernate to ram
- IBM 'blue-buttons' to work

Im using debian testing/unstable (Knoppix 3.6) on an IBM X40 with
docking station. Kernel 2.6.8 (or whatever kernel is required with the
working solution)

I hope someone can advise me a good (and hopefully proven?) way to go.
Both in regards of kernel settings and userland tools.

Thanks,
Mikkel

BTW: Does anyone know of an [unoffical] linux driver for the 'IBM
harddrive airbag feature'.