[ltp] X40 - Hibernation and more...

Thu, 04 Nov 2004 13:08:10 +0100

Hei,

> I dont care whether I use APM or ACPI as long as it works. Basically
> what I want is the following:
>
> Need-to-have:
> - Hibernate to disk

ibm-acpi together with enabling software suspend in the kernel will do
this.

> - Dock/undock

ibm-acpi should help you here, since Boris owns a X40 himself and says
it's working for him.

> - Use external monitor

In what way? Dualhead is still a problem with xorg. But you should be
able to use external display only or use a mirrored image. Also dualhead
on VGA out should be possible with the X40.

> Would-be-nice-to-have:
> - Hibernate to ram

Should also work with ibm-acpi.

> - IBM 'blue-buttons' to work

have a look here, i just put this up yesterday...o
http://www.thinkwiki.org/How_to_get_special_keys_to_work

> BTW: Does anyone know of an [unoffical] linux driver for the 'IBM
> harddrive airbag feature'.

Afaik IBM still didn't release any specs and hence no one did make
any (successful) effort to dig into this, yet.

André.