[ltp] X40 - Hibernation and more...

volker gropp linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:21:39 +0100

--ByM1h5nouWwd3kz8

* On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 11:17:22 +0100, Mikkel Haack Nielsen wrote:

> I dont care whether I use APM or ACPI as long as it works. Basically=20
> what I want is the following:
Im using ACPI and im very pleased with it.

swsusp2 works great here (http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/)
> - Dock/undock
cant help yo with that but should work with ibm-acpi
(http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/)
> - Use external monitor
same as with dock/undock

> Would-be-nice-to-have:
> - Hibernate to ram
works aswell here using 2.6.8 or 2.6.9 with latest acpi patches from
http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/
> - IBM 'blue-buttons' to work
ibm-acpi should help you here aswell

> Im using debian testing/unstable (Knoppix 3.6) on an IBM X40 with=20
> docking station. Kernel 2.6.8 (or whatever kernel is required with the=20
> working solution)
im using plain debian unstable with a vanilla + acpi + swsusp2 2.6.9
here. if you want, i can send you my kernel config.

> BTW: Does anyone know of an [unoffical] linux driver for the 'IBM=20
> harddrive airbag feature'.
thats one of the things i miss the most running linux=20

volker gropp

--ByM1h5nouWwd3kz8

--ByM1h5nouWwd3kz8--