[ltp] fontconfig setup

Stephan Frank linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:31:58 +0100

Hallo everybody,

I have a small question concerning the setup of fontconfig. Currently my
system is all setup and I am a happy user of antialiased fonts on my
R50. However, I noticed some slight greenish and reddish shadows on the
antialised glyphs. I know that this has to do with the specific setup of
the RGB-subpixels of the TFT, which can be specified in the XFT-Setup
such that the subpixel antialiasing of freetype/fontconfig can take this
layout into account to avoid the additional coloring. This is done via
the 'argb' option in the fonts.conf file. However, every possibility I
tried (rgb,bgr,vrgb,vbgr) had no effect at all. So to sum it up I have
two question:

1) There is the /etc/fonts/fonts.conf and /etc/X11/XftConfig file where
one can setup the 'argb' option. Which is the right one to change, the
former, the latter or both?

2) has anyone already found out which is the correct pixel order to
specify on a 15" Flexiview 1400x1050 display of a R50 to avoid the
greenish and reddish shadowing?

Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Kind regards,
Stephan