[ltp] T41p hardware problems

Steve Harris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:22:28 +0000

Hi all,

My T41p has started acting up. After a short while of use the machine goes
nuts (e.g. random colour blocks, flickering lines, blank screen, that kind
of thing) then the mouse cursor stops moving and the machine locks up
entirely.

Its never recovered from suspend to ram reliably, but its only just
started doing this during usage. I suspected drivers or kernels at first,
but I've been using the same kernel for weeks and I've backed off the
drivers to older versions and its not got any better. Infact its got
worse, I often dont even get to type into a xterm after it boots before it
craps out.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Its really bad timing, cos I'm just leaving for a conference in Japan for
2 weeks and my backup laptop has failed too.

- Steve