[ltp] ibm-acpi how to

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 07:32:14 -0800

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:48:30 +0100, Andr=E9 Wyrwa <a.wyrwa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> > Is there a place where I can find a ibm-acpi how to? I want to give it
> > a try on T42p and would appreciate anything that helps set it up.
>=20
> What exactly would you like to know?
>=20
> The basic procedure is like this...
> - download and install acpid, if not already on your system
> - download, extract and compile ibm-acpi with make && make install
> - ibm-acpi comes with good example configs and scripts, just copy them
> to the /etc/acpi/events and /etc/acpi/actions dirs and modify them for
> your needs
> - you can watch the events triggered by keypresses with
>   tail -f /var/log/acpid
>=20

Hi,

I am currently using powersaved daemon in Suse 9.1 professional to do
power management for T42p - my problem with it is that the daemon
crashes after every suspend, resume cycle. Do we know if T42p works
well with ibm-acpi?

My specific needs are:

0. ACPI suspend to RAM and suspend to hard disk support
1. speedstep for cpu frequency depending on the load while on batteries.
2. Control FAN depending on whether on batteries or not.
3. Control Hard Drive depending on whether on batteries or not.
4. Set powermanagement on and off for the wireless driver based on
whether on batteries or not
5. Support LID closed and open events

Also, does ibm-acpi work with 2.6.9?=20

thanks,