[ltp] Thinkpad buttons under 2.6.9?

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 06 Nov 2004 18:22:26 -0500

--=-=-=

/ lwiechec2@o2.pl was heard to say:
| On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 06:19:05PM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
|> I upgraded to 2.6.9 a couple of days ago (on my T42p), because I
|> thought it'd fix the cdrecord problems, which alas, it doesn't. But
|
| I don't know what was you problem with burning cds under previous kernel but
| if
| it was something like 'I can't burn cds as user other than root' look here:
|
| http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109265946604538&w=2
|
| It's a patch that works (at least for 2.6.8.1, I tested it myself).

Even as root, cdrecord fails. Uhm. I don't have a CDR handy to try it
again right at the moment, but it's apparently a well known problem.
Something about ide-scsi having gone away and cdrecord not supporting
the IDE API in recent Linux kernels.

Clues to get CD/DVD recording working under 2.6.9 on my T42p, most
appreciated.

The button thing is really funny. Some buttons do work (F7, F5, PgUp,
for example), but not F4 or F12. Running the suspend or hibernate
scripts from a root shell work fine, but those keys don't seem to
generate events in the ACPI log.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--