[ltp] car and airplance adapter

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 01:41:27 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, invisibleghost wrote:

> --- Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, invisibleghost wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know where i can find a airplane and
> > car
> > > adapter for my ibm r50e do they make it for that
> > laptop?
> >
> > I have an AC/DC adapter for my T40 (16 VDC, 4.55A).
> > Is it different?
> > (Check your AC adapter.)

> Does it matter what i get for it?

As long as it supplies about the right voltage, you shouldn't damage
anything.  If it supplies less current than your laptop uses, your battery
will drain while you use it, but not as fast.  Peter Stuge mentioned an
adapter with a bunch of connectors; that sounds like the way to go if
you're unsure of what to get.

CANCER:  The position of Jupiter says that you should spend the
rest of the week face down in the mud.  Try not to shove a roll of
duct tape up your nose when taking your driver's test.  -- Weird Al