[ltp] car and airplance adapter

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 03:06:36 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Peter Stuge wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 01:41:27AM -0500, Eben King wrote:
> > > Does it matter what i get for it?
> >
> > As long as it supplies about the right voltage, you shouldn't
> > damage anything.  If it supplies less current than your laptop
> > uses, your battery will drain while you use it, but not as fast.
> > Peter Stuge mentioned an adapter with a bunch of connectors; that
> > sounds like the way to go if you're unsure of what to get.
>
> This is the successor to what I have:
> http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=APD10US
>
> Targus also has an adapter that works both with AC and DC supply:
> (ie. both wall outlet and car/air)
> http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=PAPWR300U
>
> Both include the correct power tip for IBM T-series laptops.
>
> It's a pretty clever system where the voltage and current settings
> are stored in the power tips.

Pretty nifty.  That is $80;

http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=-840&partNumber=22P9010

is $100.  It depends if a dedicated one is worth an extra $20.

--
The powers in charge keep us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor
with the cry of national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil to