[ltp] Thinkpad buttons under 2.6.9?

Lukasz Wiechec linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:16:48 +0100

--iVCmgExH7+hIHJ1A

--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 06:22:26PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / lwiechec2@o2.pl was heard to say:
> | On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 06:19:05PM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> |> I upgraded to 2.6.9 a couple of days ago (on my T42p), because I
> |> thought it'd fix the cdrecord problems, which alas, it doesn't. But
> |
> | I don't know what was you problem with burning cds under previous kerne=
l but
> | if
> | it was something like 'I can't burn cds as user other than root' look h=
ere:

> | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=3Dlinux-kernel&m=3D109265946604538&w=3D2
> |
> | It's a patch that works (at least for 2.6.8.1, I tested it myself).
>=20
> Even as root, cdrecord fails. Uhm. I don't have a CDR handy to try it
> again right at the moment, but it's apparently a well known problem.
> Something about ide-scsi having gone away and cdrecord not supporting
> the IDE API in recent Linux kernels.
>=20
> Clues to get CD/DVD recording working under 2.6.9 on my T42p, most
> appreciated.

Hmmm, this is strange indeed. How does your `/etc/default/cdrecord' file lo=
ok
like? I have CDR_DEVICE=3D/dev/cdrom  _and_  `ide_cd' kernel module needs t=
o be
loaded.=20

> The button thing is really funny. Some buttons do work (F7, F5, PgUp,
> for example), but not F4 or F12. Running the suspend or hibernate
> scripts from a root shell work fine, but those keys don't seem to
> generate events in the ACPI log.

Are you using `ibm-acpi' modules from ibm-acpi.sf.net? I was able to make t=
hose
funciton keys work with it. Maybe /etc/acpi/events/* files have wrong conte=
nts?
I attach mine for comparison.

Goog luck

--=20
L.

--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

event=ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001003
action=/etc/acpi/ibm-blank.sh

--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

event=ibm/bay MSTR 00000003
action=/etc/acpi/ibm-eject.sh

--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

event=(button/power|ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 0000100c)
action=/etc/acpi/hibernate.sh

--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

event=ibm/bay MSTR 00000001
action=/etc/acpi/ibm-rescan.sh