[ltp] tp 570 pcmcia nic

Christophe Couronne linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 15:14:32 +0100

<dim45@gmx.net> a =E9lucubr=E9 :
> Hi,
> just thought I'd ask before buying. Which pcmcia ethernet nic would you=20
> recommend for using with an ibm tp 570 and linux?

Hi

I've recently bought a Netgear FA511 adapter to replace a 3com 589 stupidly=
 dead (problem between keyboard and chair). My thinkpad was a 600E one, I'v=
e encoutered some random freeze with the FA511 adapter. I think this was a =
thinkpad 600E relative bug. I've check the card on a thinkpad R51 and some =
ACER laptop and freeze disappears.

If I where you, I wouldn't buy this card for a tp570 due to the similar age=
 of both 600E and 570. =20

best regards

    Christophe Couronne.