[ltp] Crashes + Freezes on X31

Toens Bueker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:14:12 +0100

Hi *,

in the last few weeks I tried to migrate from my old
laptop to my new X31 (2.6.9 + ipw2100 + swsusp2).

Various crashes and freezes have prevented success:

1.) I've had bluescreens with XP - but I don't know how to
prevent the immediate reboot in such a case (in order to
let me read, what is displayed on the blue screen).

2.) Sometimes I've problems with khubd, which does busy
waiting (status "D" in top) and seems to affect other
parts of the OS, as well - as it is no longer possible to
"sync" or to open other programs in those situations.=20

3.) I experience complete crashes and freezes. First -
when I used ACPI - it could happen, that the machine just
froze (only possible solution: reset). Now that I'm using
APM, the running X-session just went black while moving
the cursor. I'm using the radeon driver and a dualhead
configuration with an external CRT.

I just want to reach a more or less stable configuration
in order to get up to speed with this new laptop. I'd like
to use swsusp2, because ACPI hibernation doesn't seem to
work with X31 (yet?!).

Has anybody experienced similar issues with X31? Any hints
to locate the root of the problem (I did already some
hours of memtest86+ runs - the X31 just worked ok)?

Thx.

by
T=F6ns
--=20