[ltp] Battery went nuts...

:: paparoot :: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 05:39:00 +0100

--=-Jmlgu2WcwqfZ5vaF6lKB

I think problem came from the BIOS . I've same problem with my t22 and a
new battery bought 1 week ago ! I didn't have any problem before from
battery side before upgrading BIOS to last one. Very very strange :/

regards,

paparoot

Le ven 05/11/2004 =E0 22:35, Patrick Huber a =E9crit :
> Hi Heiko
>=20
> I thought of that too and during the day I did what you suggested until t=
he=20
> system refused to go on again when I pressed the power button.
>=20
> So a few moments ago, recharging ended and everything seems fine. The nex=
t few=20
> day will tell if really everything is back to normal.
>=20
> Greetings
> Patrick
>=20
> Am Freitag, 05. November 2004 10.35 schrieb Heiko Rosemann:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > What I *personally* would do is run down the battery until it really
> > is empty. I guess this is only a software problem, charging control
> > happens in hardware (in the battery itself), so I wouldn't be afraid
> > of hooking the laptop to AC either. But to be on the safe side, I
> > would run down the battery. At least my Thinkpad beeps shortly before
> > the battery is completely empty.
> >
> > YMMV, Heiko

--=-Jmlgu2WcwqfZ5vaF6lKB
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e=2E?=

--=-Jmlgu2WcwqfZ5vaF6lKB--