[ltp] Power drain with ACPI

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:00:06 -0500

I have noticed this on mine as well, though not in Linux.  I still use
APM in linux, and it doesn't use the battery as quickly, but in Windows,
if I suspend the laptop, the battery runs down very quickly.  I wasn't
sure what was causing that, but since it didn't happen in Linux, I
figured it was just some windows problem.  Now I'm curious though,
because I hadn't thought about the fact that Windows uses ACPI and Linux
still uses APM.  Maybe it's an ACPI issue.  This deserves some more
exploration.  Can you possibly test it with APM to see if it occurs then?

Joel