[ltp] Thinkpad buttons under 2.6.9?

Ralf Nolden linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 06:40:10 +0100

On Sonntag 07 November 2004 22:43, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Lukasz Wiechec <lwiechec2@o2.pl> was heard to say:
> | On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 06:22:26PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> |> Clues to get CD/DVD recording working under 2.6.9 on my T42p, most
> |> appreciated.
> |
> | Hmmm, this is strange indeed. How does your `/etc/default/cdrecord' file
> | look like? I have CDR_DEVICE=/dev/cdrom  _and_  `ide_cd' kernel module
> | needs to be loaded.
>
> Ok. I went off to try again so I could send along the exact error
> message and, naturally, it worked just fine. Dunno what I did wrong
> last time.
>
> The multirecorder bay expects DVD-R media (as opposed to +R), is that
> right? Any success (or failure) stories with burning DVDs?

Hi Norman,

had the same initial problems under sarge but got it to work (cds). Until now
I only burned dvds under xp and that's right, don't waste your time on DVD+R
(or +RW) :)   I tried DVD-R, DVD-RW and a DVD-RAM. Mind that DVD-RAM's come
in two variants, you need the one without the cases (obviously, but I got
totally confused in the store by all the coices)

Ralf

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org