[ltp] Battery went nuts...

Michael Z Daryabeygi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:32:59 -0500

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
what kind of battery is this?<br>
If it is a Lithium-ion, it may in fact be empty and ... dead.<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm">http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm</a><br>
Quote:<br>
lithium-ion batteries fail due to excessive low discharge. If
discharged below 2.5 volts per cell, the internal safety circuit opens
and the battery appears dead. A charge with the original charger is no
longer possible. Some battery analyzers (Cadex) feature a boost
function that reactivates the protection circuit of a failed battery
and enables a recharge. However, if the cell voltage has fallen below
1.5V/cell and has remained in that state for a few days, a recharge
should be avoided because of safety concerns. To prevent failure, never
store the battery fully discharged. Apply some charge before storage,
and then charge fully before use.</font><br>
Frank Dekervel|Smartlounge| wrote:
 type="cite">