[ltp] Noisy harddisk shutdown

Bram van Leur linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:29:27 +0100

Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I've definitely got the feeling my
drive (60GB in T42) does the djjj-CLACK! sound only under normal
operation in Linux. Most of the time my drive is quiet the first hour
or so, but suddenly it start making the sound say once every minute.

I'm a little afraid it will shorten its live.