[ltp] Problem compiling kernel on t41

Petr Simon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:23:49 +0800

Sorry for incomplete question.
Compilation goes fine. On boot I get:

VFS: Cannot open root device hda5 or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

I use grub and it automaticaly generated the boot option according to
old ones. I compile on 2.6.8. Currently I am trying 2.6.9, but the same
problem occured with 2.6.8. I have running 2.6.8 compiled with Pentium Pro.
Any idea
Thanks
Petr