[ltp] Re: Thinkpad buttons under 2.6.9?

Borislav Deianov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:08:10 -0800

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 23:27:05 +0000 (UTC) Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> | On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 06:19:05PM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> |> I upgraded to 2.6.9 a couple of days ago (on my T42p), because I
> |> thought it'd fix the cdrecord problems, which alas, it doesn't. But
>
> The button thing is really funny. Some buttons do work (F7, F5, PgUp,
> for example), but not F4 or F12. Running the suspend or hibernate
> scripts from a root shell work fine, but those keys don't seem to
> generate events in the ACPI log.

It sounds like you may have been using APM before and you switched to
ACPI. Do you have a /proc/acpi directory? Are you using ibm-acpi? Do
you have a /proc/acpi/ibm directory? You can get control of Fn-F4 and
Fn-F12 pretty easily with ibm-acpi. Let me know if you need any help.

http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/

Regards,
Boris