[ltp] FC3 / Swsusp

Christopher Hubbell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:53:30 -0500

> Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:52:58 +0000 (GMT)
> From: honey@gneek.com
> Subject: Re: [ltp] FC3 / Swsusp

> Would Fedora users here be interested in such patches if they work?
> I imagine if there was some interest, it would encourage the swsusp2
> developers to keep them up to date.
>
> Honey

Absolutely!!  If the swsusp team could make it easier for me to use their patches it would be much appreciated.  I've been working at getting the FC3 kernel SRPM to apply the 2.1.4 swsusp2 patch.  I posted my results in this fedoraforum thread:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26571

I was able to identify the list of Fedora-applied kernel patches which conflict with applying the swsusp patch.  Unfortunately, although the patch applied, I still couldn't get a clean compilation so there must be a kernel patch which causes conflicts that needs to be ferreted out.  I'm also wrestling with learning the SRPM spec syntax - gets pretty complex on that kernel build...  At any rate, any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!  Please let me know if my help would be useful anywhere in the effort.