[ltp] X40 - Hibernation and more...

Volker Gropp linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:27:12 +0100

--KZQuPInE688wxjG+

* On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 08:50:28 +0100, Mikkel Haack Nielsen wrote:

> volker gropp,
>=20
> >>- Hibernate to disk
> >swsusp2 works great here (http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/)
>=20
> Did you download the sources or do you use dome .deb package?
> In case of sources, exactly which files did you download?
i used the sources:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.9.tar.bz2
http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/patches/release/2.6=
=2E9/acpi-20040816-26-latest-release.diff.gz
(there is a more recent version now)
http://download.berlios.de/softwaresuspend/software-suspend-2.1-for-2.6.9.t=
ar.bz2
same for this one

and=20
http://download.berlios.de/softwaresuspend/hibernate-script-1.00.tar.gz

>=20
> >im using plain debian unstable with a vanilla + acpi + swsusp2 2.6.9
> >here. if you want, i can send you my kernel config.
> >
>=20
> Yes, I would appreciate if you could send me the config.
>=20
> Please also let me know, which userland tools (and versions) you use. A=
=20
> list of the necessary tools and scripts would be nice!
im using the hibernate swsusp script. you have to unload madwifi module
if you are using it, else it wont work. you prolly have to unload usb
stuff aswell. im using ibm-acpi to use Fn-F12 to hibernate, but thats
not needed.

volker gropp

--KZQuPInE688wxjG+

--KZQuPInE688wxjG+--