[ltp] Where to start tpb

Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:51:51 +0100

--=-nnKqMmY/LA3niCFtobf7

Hi,

> Where should i start a program like tpb (ThinkPad Buttons). Should I
> configure it with a script in the /etc/init.d and run it at runlevel 5?
> Doesn't seem to work here. :-(

Look for a folder /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d . If it exists in SuSE it's a
great place to put a startup script for tpb (note that scripts in this
folder are usually not supposed to take parameters).

Scripts in this folder are executed (if so) by the xsession script.
Hence they are running as the user who is running the X server.

My script is attached.

André.

--=-nnKqMmY/LA3niCFtobf7

#!/bin/sh
#
# start Thinkpad button support daemon

tpb -d -c /etc/tpbrc -t /opt/gnome-2.6/bin/configure-thinkpad

--=-nnKqMmY/LA3niCFtobf7--