[ltp] X30, Intel 830M: DRI won't work

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:51:11 +0100

Hi once again,

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:43:21 +0100, Heiko Rosemann
<heiko.rosemann@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> > Next try: swsusp2 with DRI.
>
> Better than expected: suspend/resume work. After resume, DRI doesn't
> work anymore. Can be solved by restarting X - I can live with this, I
> guess, since I didn't have any stable X running on this machine just a
> week ago, this still is a real improvement. Gotta go fiddle with the
> hibernate configuration, maybe it is enough just to start that fake
> Xserver for nvidia cards - but I'm not running hibernate yet, so
> that's another step.

Finally running hibernate - fake Xserver is not enough. So my final solution:

1) Create xorg.conf without dri support.
2) Create xorg.conf.dri with dri support
3) Run X for normal work (mozilla, chat, gnumeric etc.)
4) If you need dri, run an extra X with startx -- :1 -config
xorg.conf.dri This one has to be restarted after every
hibernate/resume cycle, but the "work X" stays active, with all the
browser windows et al.

I guess this will do it for me since I only need dri for playing around...

HTH, Heiko