[ltp] Simultaneous display on LCD and External monitor with ThinkPad R50?

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:54:03 -0500

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:51:41 +1100, Luke Yelavich <themuso@themuso.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
> Just wondering how I go about getting simultaneous display on a ThinkPad
> R50? The monitor will be conencted via the standard VGA port, in fact it
> will be a projector.

if you are using xorg 6.8.x turn off mergedfb (option "mergedfb"
"false").  this will cause crtc1 to drive both outputs.  if you want
separate resolution and/or refresh rate on the lcd and vga port then
you'll need to set up mergedfb clone mode and probably enter the hsync
and vrefresh for the projector in your config.  see the radeon man
page.

Alex