[ltp] Crippled bios makes third party products unusable

Peter Johanson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:26:43 -0800

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 07:05:07PM +0100, Martin Gramatke wrote:
> On these pages is described a CMOS patch to circumvent this cheap trick. It
> works, now the notebook boots. But it stops with a warning code 01C9,
> message: 'More than one Ethernet devices are found. Remove one of them and
> press the Esc key to continue.'
> Needless to say I neither want to remove the 802.11g mini pci card nor the
> build in wired ethernet device.

I have a T30 that experienced the same problems when using an Atheros
based 802.11g card. However, when i use a Prism GT/Duette based card
(prism54 drivers) there is *no* message. I believe that some cards (at
least atheros) present themselves as regular ethernet cards, while
others don't. Haven't yet figured out how to disable that error though
(i've switched to using the prism GT card full time since it works
better).

Still, i'd like to know a solution to this one as well.

-pete

--
Peter Johanson
<latexer@gentoo.org>