[ltp] Thinkpads can not boot from flash drive?

Henrik Brix Andersen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:31:03 +0100

--=-nVciYyx5+B5KgzmH7rqa

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 19:04 +0100, Martin Gramatke wrote:
> Are all Thinkpads that deficient? Can you boot from a usb flash drive?

I can boot my X31 from my 256MB Memory Corp USB flash device - but it
fails to boot from the no-name 16M flash device I have, since that
device does not support the boot protocol.

Make sure your USB flash device supports the boot protocol, remember to
install a boot sector on the device - and remember to modify the BIOS
boot options to boot off the USB device (listed as a harddisk in my
BIOS).

Sincerely,
Brix
--=20