[ltp] Thinkpads can not boot from flash drive?

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:33:54 -0500

I develop a USB distribution on my Thinkpad T40.
(http://www.ncsu.edu/project/runt)  So the T40 definitely supports it.
I don't know whether or not any other laptop supports USB booting since
the T40 is all I have, but if it does, it should show up in the BIOS
boot order or the F12 menu.  So it sounds like yours doesn't support it.
  You can also boot from a floppy, CDROM or hard drive but still mount
the root filesystem on the pen drive.

Joel