[ltp] Re: Thinkpads can not boot from flash drive?

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:42:37 -0500

Check back to message I sent at 1:53 EST today.  It pretty much explains
the booting process.  You just need a good MBR and syslinux installed.

Or just get a hold of one of the USB distros out there and let it do the
work.  RUNT (mine) is the only distro designed around USB, but there are
several CD based distros that can be installed on a Pen drive.  Damn
Small Linux, Feather, Puppy, Slax, and Flonix(not free).  DSL, Puppy,
and Slax require you to boot the CD and then install to USB from there.
  Feather and RUNT has zip files that can be unzipped directly onto the
pen drive.  Flonix can only be purchased on a pen drive.

Joel