[ltp] Re: Thinkpad battery exhausted in less than a year?

Juergen Stuber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:14:57 +0100

Hi Heiko,

Heiko Rosemann <heiko.rosemann@gmail.com> writes:

> Theoretically, Lion-batteries should be stored at about 40% charge -
> frozen. That would keep them from getting old...

I don't think it should be frozen, just cool.

> Of course you don't want to put your laptop in the fridge :-)

No, but I do put my second battery in the fridge.

There was a c't article a while ago about proper battery care.
The advice was basically to use it as little as possible and
store it cool and about half charged.

> What I find really amazing is the sort of external battery I already
> mentioned in a different thread - gives me 7.5hrs+internal, at a price
> which is lower than the IBM original one. (I'll have to take a few
> photos and upload them somewhere) Only "quality" is not as good - the
> laptop thinks it is on AC, so no power-conserving is done, and the
> remaining capacity indicator is not as exact as the intelligent
> batteries' one - it said 75-100% for about three hours, 50-75% for
> another three hours and then went down rapidly.

Where do you get those from Germany?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/

Looking for consulting and project work in Mozart/Oz, Linux kernel, USB