[ltp] t40p Suspend to Memory Suse Linux 9.2

Jeffrey L. Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:38:51 -0600

Quoting vngarla@tiscali.de <vngarla@tiscali.de>:
> Hello,
>

> I just upgraded from Suse Linux 8.2 to 9.2, and I'm very happy with everything
> - suspend to disk works like a charm, as does just about everything (haven't
> tried the modem yet).  I tried suspend to ram - didn't work.  I just wanted
> to ask if anybody has got suspend to ram working with a stock Suse 9.2 kernel
> (2.6.8xxx), and what you did to get it working (suspend to disk is working,
> and I don't really want to muddle with the kernel too much, as I can live
> without suspend to ram).

With SuSE 9.2 beta3 on a T41, suspend to disk and suspend to ram
work.  Both are disabled by default.  I assume you enabled both.  Also
what doesn't work with suspend to RAM?  Details.  The modem worked
with 9.1.  I don't think I've tried it with 9.2 beta.

HTH,
  Jeffrey