[ltp] swsusp2 / FC3 / Thinkpad T23

Christopher Hubbell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:05:15 -0500

I've tried the recently posted swsusp2 patches on the Fedora SRPM, and
it was very smooth to get the kernel built.

I modified my grub.conf as follows:
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-cgh2 ro root=LABEL=/1 rhgb quiet
resume2=swap:/dev/hda6

Then rebooted.  Once back up I verified that the command too effect:

[cgh@synapse ~]$ cat /proc/cmdline
ro root=LABEL=/1 rhgb quiet resume2=swap:/dev/hda6

Also verified that I had selected my swap partition accurately...  Yep,
hda6.

[cgh@synapse ~]$ cat /proc/swaps
Filename                                Type            Size    Used
Priority
/dev/hda6                               partition       521600  0       -1

Finally, checked the swsusp options:
[cgh@synapse software_suspend]$ sudo cat all_settings
2 1 2048 0 1 0 8192 5
LZF Page Compressorasync_io_l  Block I/OSWAP-SPACESWAPSPACE  Swap
Writerkernel/power/power

I'm using the latest (d/l today) hibernate script from the swsusp
downloads, and when I run it as root I get the following from dmesg:

Software Suspend 2.1.5: Software suspend is disabled.
This may be because you haven't put something along the lines of
 resume2=swap:/dev/hda1
 in lilo.conf or equivalent. (Where /dev/hda1 is your swap partition).

I'm at a loss here, because as you can see above I've verified that I do
indeed have the correct swap partition listed in my grub.conf.  Anyone
have ideas on how to troubleshoot?  I verified my kernel config options
as listed on the berlios.de site's docs, and all necessary options were
properly set.