[ltp] swsusp2 / FC3 / Thinkpad T23

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:16:45 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Christopher,

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Christopher Hubbell wrote:

> I've tried the recently posted swsusp2 patches on the Fedora SRPM, and it was
> very smooth to get the kernel built.

Good! Nice first feedback...

> I'm using the latest (d/l today) hibernate script from the swsusp downloads,
> and when I run it as root I get the following from dmesg:
>
> Software Suspend 2.1.5: Software suspend is disabled.
> This may be because you haven't put something along the lines of
> resume2=swap:/dev/hda1
> in lilo.conf or equivalent. (Where /dev/hda1 is your swap partition).
>
> I'm at a loss here, because as you can see above I've verified that I do
> indeed have the correct swap partition listed in my grub.conf.  Anyone have
> ideas on how to troubleshoot?  I verified my kernel config options as listed
> on the berlios.de site's docs, and all necessary options were properly set.

This might sound irrational, but try this.  Check first that the
following displays your resume2 setting correctly:

# cat /proc/software_suspend/resume2

Then, presuming it does, RE-write the same value, e.g.:

# echo "swap:/dev/hda6" > /proc/software_suspend/resume2

Then try to hibernate.   I saw this a few times when I was
experimenting, although it doesn't seem to be a problem now - unsure
why.  Possible Fedora bug I guess but easy to incorporate in acpi
scripts.

Remember also to unset CONFIG_X86_4G in your .config as per previous
mail.  Good luck.

Honey