[ltp] swsusp2 / FC3 / Thinkpad T23

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:59:35 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Christopher Hubbell wrote:

>> Then, presuming it does, RE-write the same value, e.g.:
>> # echo "swap:/dev/hda6" > /proc/software_suspend/resume2
>
> Thinking to myself...  Naah, this'll never work...
> Whoa!  It worked!

I thought that too :)  Glad it worked.

> I'm going to try compiling the swsusp components into the kernel instead of
> as modules.  It seems to me that this would eliminate the need for the initrd
> modification - hopefully I'm correct on this.
>
> Thanks for your help thus far - it's great to be making progress on this!

Just to confirm - yes, I have swsusp2 compiled in rather than as
modules:

#/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.9/linux-2.6.9> grep SOFT .config
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND2_CORE=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND2=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND2_WRITER=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_SWAPWRITER=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_LZF_COMPRESSION=y
# CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_GZIP_COMPRESSION is not set
# CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_DEVICE_MAPPER is not set
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_TEXT_MODE=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_DEFAULT_RESUME2=""
# CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_KEEP_IMAGE is not set
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_DEBUG=y
# CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_CHECKSUMS is not set