[ltp] Re: swsusp2 / FC3 / Thinkpad T23

Volker Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:03:15 -0500

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:24:57 -0500, Christopher Hubbell wrote:
>> Then, presuming it does, RE-write the same value, e.g.:
>> # echo "swap:/dev/hda6" > /proc/software_suspend/resume2
> Thinking to myself...  Naah, this'll never work...

I saw this, too. After it worked, I thought I must have overlooked a typo,
rewriting the same value cannot possibly make any difference %-) But since
you see it too, there must be a bug somewhere.

> But...  Coming back up was a problem.  I performed the initrd
> modifications as in the recipe, but on the reboot I get errors about
> insmod failing, and mylaptop just boots normally instead of resuming.

Did you do a make install (which recreates the initrd)?

> I'm going to try compiling the swsusp components into the kernel instead
> of as modules.  It seems to me that this would eliminate the need for the
> initrd modification - hopefully I'm correct on this.

you still need the echo > /proc/software_suspend/do_resume in the initrd

-Volker