[ltp] Trouble with USB-Memory

Niels Stargardt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:37:20 +0100

Hi,
well USB-Memory is a pity with linux. There are many possibilties:
1. You have to know which sd?-device it is sd[a b c d e]. In your case I'm sure it is sda, but the trouble starts if You have more than one usb-memory.
2. You must know if the device has a partition. So which some sticks you have to use /dev/sda1 and other stick /dev/sda.

So my advice to you: Try
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt

Hope this works. Otherwise it will become more complicated.
Niels

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:40:11 +0100 (MET)
Bertrand Njipwo Kouatchet <bertrand@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>