[ltp] imb predesktop area

Didrik Pinte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:17:28 +0100

--=-guaHbzJ9kAn/U8rwDKsf

Le vendredi 19 novembre 2004 =E0 14:46 +0800, Petr Simon a =E9crit :
> Hi,
> I have messed up my Windows installation, which I use for testing=20
> pusposes. No I am afraid that recovery proccess will wipe out the whole=20
> harddisc, i.e. linux and data partitions. So my question is:
> 1. does the recovery proccess let me keep current partitioning?

No, it does not ! It will reformat all your partition. I you have keeped
the original installation, it is possible for you to create a bootable
windows installation CD using the i386 directory on your windows
harddrive. See the mailing list archive for that.

> 2. is it safe to get rid of predesktop area alltogether, now (whithout=20
> formating the whole harrdisk)?

Yes it is safe. On my R50, I have only two linux partitions using the
whole harddrive.

Didrik

--=-guaHbzJ9kAn/U8rwDKsf

--=-guaHbzJ9kAn/U8rwDKsf--