[ltp] /dev/nvram - Rights are reset by reboot (tpb)

Stefan Krüger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:57:11 +0100

> > as root and then start tpb as user it all works... until i reboot. The
> > devices are recreated each time I reboot with these rights:
> > crw-------  1 root root 10, 144 2004-10-02 10:38 /dev/nvram
> >
> > How have you guys (and girls) solved this?? Thanks a lot for all the
> > help!
>
> if your distro happens to use udev (ps -C udevd to find out) the
> permissions are set in the files in /etc/udev/rules.d/ .
I found it here (suse9.2), probably what you ment.
/etc/udev/permissions.d/

I have udev running, so the changes in /etc/permissions were ignored.

It finaly works - GREAT. Thanx a lot and sorry for posting this thread twice..
I had some email trouble.

Stefan