[ltp] ACPI Problem on R51

Bertrand Njipwo Kouatchet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:01:33 +0100 (MET)

Hallo,

im working now again on  my   Shutdown problem on my thinkpad R51.
I got the indication from thomas and i have see more users solve the acpi
problem by disabling the local-acpi.
I did it by editing the  file /boot/grub/menu.lst with the following line:

title           Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.8-1-686
root            (hd0,5)
kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8-1-686 root=/dev/hda6 ro  noapic
initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.8-1-686
savedefault
boot

im turn  the apic with the kernel parameter noapic.

but it doesn't work.When i shut the system down the fan still run and the
Wlan antena still work and the Batterie-Led.

I use this way to solve this problem because i don't know exactly how to
disable the lapic paramater of the kernel.

I hop you have another idea how to do this.

Thanks again

Bertrand Njipwo