[ltp] trouble when running tpb

Matthias Posseldt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:44:48 +0100

On Saturday 20 November 2004 14:21, Bertrand Njipwo Kouatchet wrote:
> i have the following problem:
> i have installed the tpb as debian-packages and i am  tring to
> configure the  thinkpad-Buttons on my R5. I bekomme the following
> error when  in rung the  programm tpb:
>
> <<< xosd can be initialised. No display output >>> original output:
>  "xosd kann nicht initialisiert werden. Keine Bildschirmanzeige
> moeglich."
>
> i'll like to have the screen display when Using the Fn + F(3 4 5 7
> 12) volume down, up Mute_Off/On and the access_IBM-button.
>
> Actually  Fn + Up, Down volume +, - mute off, on and the TP-Light is
> working without any screen display.

These are hardware functions (luckily IBM hardwires them and doesn't use
some freaky software for it).

> Do someone know how to configure correctly the /etc/tpbrc file and
> how can i solve the XOSD-problem related bevor.

You have to start tpb after X, so that xosd can use a display to show
the On Screen Display.

I start tpb with a KDE autostart script.

Regards,
Matthias

--
There is still the danger of EU software patents!

http://swpat.ffii.org/