[ltp] external monitor/res. change / Fn-F7

Markus Markert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:49:57 +0100

hi

Am Freitag, den 19.11.2004, 13:42 +0100 schrieb Stefan Kr=FCger:
> Good morning my Linux-friends
>=20
> I have spend two hours now trying to set my X up, so that my Thinkpad use=
s=20
> different resolutions, depending on if i work (only) with my external mon=
itor=20
> or (only) with the LCD. (It worked so smooth under windows, but...)
>=20
> But I dont have any success. Now I ask you guys (and girls) for help. I h=
ave a=20
> Thinkpad R40 - I am fed up with this.... can someone who has got the=20
> video-out working on any similar model PLEASE SENDE ME HIS XF86Config-fil=
e??
> I will be able to change some resolutions and set my monitor-values, but =
the=20
> rest I just dont get working. Thanx a lot!!
>=20
> But then the next questions...=20
> How do you Thinkpad-people switch LCD, External or Both. Fn-F7 i guess, b=
ut=20
> how??=20

use this software:
http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/

your model will work fine ;-)

download the whole mailinglist as raw mbox format here:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad.mbox/linux-think=
pad.mbox

import it into your email program and make a search in it. you will find
a lot about the fn buttons on thinkpads.