[ltp] new computer

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:33:56 +0100

Hi,

Ali Sen wrote on 20 Nov 2004 20:51:49 MET:

> how can i get the install cd or recovery cds from ibm ?

When I contacted IBM on that issue (here, in Switzerland), basically
the answer was that they would provide the recovery CDs if either you
had erased your HD by accident or if you bought a new HD. Since I was
in neither of those two situations, I could not "honnestly" claim the
recovery CD.

Thus, their policy insures that you'll be screwed up for a few days if
you erase your HD (the time for the recovery CD to be shipped).

The best is to lie, I guess (for the record, I did not ... if I screw
up my XP partition I'll definitely remove XP).

Cheers,

--
François Fleuret                              EPFL - CVLAB/LCN