[ltp] R51 system recovery partition - need help

Oleg Sverdlov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:01:59 +0200

Hello,

While installing FC3 on R51 model 1829 I accidentally
overwrote bootsector of the system recovery partition with GRUB.
As a result, system recovery doesn't start.

Please can somebody make a copy of first few sectors and send me ?
I'll try to fix the situation before I dump the hidden partition
altogether.

GRUB is a mostrous thing.

Anyway, FC3 looks very nice. With a standard kernel (2.6.9-1.667)
I don't have APM . The rest of things (wifi,acpi,ibm keys) I will
check later. cpuspeed is working as far as I can see.

  Oleg Sverdlov

  OLS Software -- Websites and Databases

  http://www.ols.co.il       Tel.: +972-54-240-865