[ltp] Spoke too soon

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:39:01 -0500

Well, I spoke too soon about how well my FC3 install went...
On the first re-boot since installing, the dreaded kudzu removed lots of
devices that were working, and installed lots of wrong devices...on boot
I got a warning that my sound device wasn't working and my eth1
(wireless) wasn't working.
However, sound is working, actually, and eth1 is also working...not sure
why kudzu is so terrible at hardware identification.  Usually I leave it
off.  I would recommend to all of you to chkconfig --del kudzu after
upgrading to FC3 and before rebooting.
Also, for some reason, when you apt-get dist-upgrade, kudzu is
mysteriously turned back on for rc5, so you have to chkconfig --del
kudzu each time.
-jr