[ltp] radeonfb + xf86/fbdev with swsusp2: memory consumption

Matthias Thomae linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:50:56 +0100

Hello Thinkpad users,

I am using swsusp2.1 with radeonfb and xf86/fbdev on a Thinkpad R50 with
Radeon Mobility 9000 (Model 1829-7RG). Kernel is 2.6.9, xfree86 is
debian/testing, i.e. 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8.

I'd like to use radeonfb because of the power management code that keeps
the mobility chip cooler, until there are xorg debian packages with
radeon power management.

Suspend/resume is working well, however the memory consumption of the
XFree86 process grows with every suspend/resume cycle, until after 5 to
10 cycles RAM is runnning out and I have to reboot.

Does anyone see the same behaviour?
Can anyone with radeonfb + xf86/fbdev setup confirm or deny this beaviour?

Regards.
Matthias