[ltp] Re: [DaLUG] trouble when running tpb

Bertrand Njipwo Kouatchet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:08:02 +0100 (MET)

Hi Bernd,

i have installed the missing libraries an it's works manually
"tpb -d -c /etc/tpbrc".

I need to start it als root because the tpb needs the /dev/vram
file and only root can acces this.

Kann das Geraet /dev/nvram nicht oeffnen: Keine Berechtigung
"can not open the device /dev/nvram: No authorisation"  or some think like
that

The second problem will to start the tpb automaticaly after the
user-login.I tried this alternative:

 1) - I have put in /etc/X11/xinit/ a small script with following
      lines
        #!/bin/sh
        tpb -d -c /etc/tpbrc

but it doesnt work automaticaly.

So how can i solve this problem by starting the tpb-program after the
X-server and i don't wanna only root acces the device /dev/nvram.
how is it possible to change the acces to that file.(chmod 755 or 765 i
don't know exactlly).

NB:only for the combination FN+  Up, Down; Light ON, OFF;f5(bluethot) is
working.But the FN + f3, f4,f7  and f12 doesn't work.It is important for me to turn the
display on and of the turn the machine in ibernation modus.For this issues
should i set the Powermanagement on ON ?
Does it make seens to set the ACESSS IBM-button whiht the following
commands:
TINKPAD cd ~; SHELL=/bin/bash; /usr/bin/X11/xterm -bg black -fg white -fa Vera -fs 10 -ls +sb -e bash

Thanks again for your answer

Bertrand